Translate This Page
- Hutcheson Bay (where Merrymeet is located) is perfect for family swimming, exploring, snorkelling, and canoeing
- Solitaire Lake nature trail - About a 15 minute drive from Merrymeet. Beautiful views of Solitaire lake and old growth forest as you walk around Solitarie lake, There is a large quartz outcropping along the trail and gentle streams. Pack a lunch.Your hosts can give you directions.
- Algonquin Provincial Park Merrymeet is adjacent to the western border of Algonquin Park. A 30 minute drive north on Highway 60 will bring you to the Algonquin Park information centre. If you plan to spend a night in Algonquin park, you will need to purchase a camping pass days/weeks before you arrive. Click on the picture below to visit the Algonquin provincial park website for more information.
Algonquin Outfitters on the outskirts of Algonquin Park at Opeongo provides a full range of camping and canoeing gear.Click on the picture to visit the website.
- Deerhurst and Grandview resorts - full service golf courses - 20 minute drive
- Bella Lake - foundation-owned private beach - accessible by car or boat; Merrymeet's hosts can provide access directions. Soft sand bottom gently slopes over a distance of 50 metres making the beach perfect for sunbathing,paddling and water sports such as volleyball, football 'catch', etc.
- Hutcheson Road (the road you drive to Merrymeet) -great for walking and cycling; beautiful in fall (September) colours
- Fieldale Road - paved road which is accessed by a footpath across the creek which drains Rebecca and Bella lakes. You can cycle or run along Fieldale road, even a full circuit from Merrymeet, along Fieldale, turning down Hutcheson road, which takes you around the lakes and back again to Merrymeet.
Creek which drains Rebecca and Bella lakes, about a 5 minute walk from Merrymeet. A footbridge leads you to our private lane way then on to Fieldale Road, about another 5 minutes.
© Copyright merrymeet.ca