Area Attractions (Covid 19 may change availability )
Golf from June to October
Swimming from Merrymeet dock/float
- Hutcheson Bay (where Merrymeet is located) is perfect for family swimming, exploring, snorkelling, and canoeing
- Solitaire Lake nature trail - About a 15 minute drive from Merrymeet. Beautiful views of Solitaire lake and old growth forest as you walk around Solitarie lake, There is a large quartz outcropping along the trail and gentle streams. Pack a lunch.Your hosts can give you directions.
Camping and overnight multi-lake canoeing
- Algonquin Provincial Park Merrymeet is adjacent to the western border of Algonquin Park. A 30 minute drive north on Highway 60 will bring you to the Algonquin Park information centre. If you plan to spend a night in Algonquin park, you will need to purchase a camping pass days/weeks before you arrive. Click on the picture below to visit the Algonquin provincial park website for more information.
Algonquin Outfitters can supply you with camping gear and boats for Algonquin Park trips
Algonquin Outfitters on the outskirts of Algonquin Park at Opeongo provides a full range of camping and canoeing gear.Click on the picture to visit the website.
"Foundation Beach" Swimming on Bella Lake
Bella Lake - foundation-owned private beach - accessible by car or boat (canoe 1 hour paddle, motorized boat 30 minutes, by vehicle 30 minutes) ; Merrymeet's hosts can provide access directions. Soft sand bottom gently slopes over a distance of 50 metres making the beach perfect for sunbathing, paddling and water sports such as volleyball, football 'catch', etc.
Cycling and walking
- Hutcheson Road (the road you drive to Merrymeet) -great for walking and cycling; beautiful in fall (September) colours
- Fieldale Road - paved road which is accessed by a footpath across the creek which drains Rebecca and Bella lakes. You can cycle or run along Fieldale road, even a full circuit from Merrymeet, along Fieldale, turning down Hutcheson road, which takes you around the lakes and back again to Merrymeet.
Creek which drains Rebecca and Bella lakes, about a 5 minute walk from Merrymeet. A footbridge leads you to our private lane way then on to Fieldale Road, about another 5 minutes.
© Copyright merrymeet.ca